ACAP Trekking Permits

Trekking - Annapurnas

ACAP(Annapurna Conservation Area Project)


  • You can get your trekking permit completed in about 15-30 minutes if there is not rush of people.
  • You will need 2 photos, there are many photo services are the trekking office. The main trekking permit office in Pokhara is also the tourism office of Pokhara.
  • There is a second ACAP (Annapurana Sancturary) trekking permit office in Ghauri Ghat, that will be a good option that is less busy.
  • Office opens at 10am-4pm (closed Saturadays)


  • You will need to get an ACAP and TIMS permits for, 2200Rs and $20 USD respectively. Total 3700 NPRS.
  • Both office are listed on the MAP of Pokhara Lakeside.


0 # silvie svobodová 2013-03-05 00:03
Hi, I´d like to ask, when the office starts? at 7am or 10 am? I´ve found both.

Thanks for the answer, Silvie
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
+1 # Carles 2015-10-22 17:18
I`d like to make only two questions: Can I get the ACAP in advance by web??
and I need also another permit to do ABC trek?
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Bundu 2015-10-23 06:57
Namasste Carles,

You must get your permit in person either in Kathmandu or Pokhara. You will require 2 photos, there are photo services near the office. You should be able to get the permit in less than 1/2 a hour before you leave for your trek.
The permit is for one entry only. If you exit the park you will need another permit.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
-1 # Carles 2015-10-23 20:34
Thank you for your help.
By the way, I bought yesterday in your web your ABC guide and maps file and I couldn't download it.
May you send me the link again

Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Katya 2016-05-14 15:31
Please help me with my question. Last week I took TIMS and permit for Annapurna circuit. Today I felt not good in altitude over 4500 and desides to turn back down, now I am at Besisahar. Can I go with this permit at Poon hill trek? Or I need to take additional permit? Thank you for quickly answer.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Robin 2016-08-02 19:27
Is the office open on a Sunday ?

Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
-1 # Chris 2016-08-22 22:15
Hello, is the office open between 21st to 24th of September or is it closed due to the Indra Jatra Festival? I need a permit for the Annapudra Base Camp Trek.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
-1 # shankar 2016-10-12 02:29
do you have conract no ?
is there alone to go qlone in annpurna treak . how much cost for alone
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # sura 2016-11-27 12:07
dear sir,
I plan to travel by flight from kathamndu to jomsom via pokra. From Pokra, I plan to take a jeep to muktinath (no trekking). Please let me know what kind of permits I need to buy. Many thanks, S...
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Madeline 2017-06-30 15:21
Hello, we bought a trekking Tims card in Pokhara. I'd like to know why nobody told us to buy a acap ticket too. We paid the double price in Birethanti for the poon hill trek.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # amrit magar 2017-09-16 04:00
Does the ACAP open all the time even during the Dashain festival?i need to issue the acap on 30 spetember?
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # jason 2017-09-28 10:17
Hello, I am 17 years old and I will go trecking in annapurna alone. Is there any age limit when I get my TIMS and my Permit?
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Eric Bonnarens 2018-02-12 13:39
we (two persons ) wil do the Mohare hill trek. Have we need TIMS and Permits ?
Thanks in advance
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote